Doors manufactured by Mahogany Entryways are warranted for one (1) year from date of shipment to be of good materials and workmanship and at the time of shipment free of defects that would render them unfit for ordinary recommended purposes. Should a warranted door be found by Mahogany Entryways to be defective, Mahogany Entryways will at its option, either:
1. Repair the door without charge, or:
2. Provide a replacement part or parts for repair of the door without charge, or:
3. Provide a replacement door in its original ordered form.
We will not be held liable for any door repaired or replaced without our prior written consent.
It is your responsibility to inspect the door immediately upon receipt. If a defect is discovered, you must notify Mahogany Entryways within 72 hours of delivery and prior to installing or altering the door in any manner. You can notify Mahogany Entryways either by email, written notice, or by telephone. Any initial defect not reported within 72 will not be covered under this Warranty. You may be asked to supply photographs showing the defect to help us determine and validate a claim. If an on-site inspection is necessary, it will be at the customer’s expense.
We will not pay any cost to remove defective doors, install new doors, or install replacement part or parts, nor are we responsible for any finishing costs or consequential damages.
The following are not to be considered defects in material or workmanship and are not covered by this Limited Warranty:
1. Wood doors are susceptible to expansion and contraction caused by temperature and humidity variations. Small surface checking or slight shrinking or cupping which may cause tiny cracks at the joints may occur under certain conditions. These deviations from perfection are not considered flaws.
2. Warp shall not be considered a defect unless it exceeds ¼” in the plane of the door. Doors wider than 3’6” or higher than 8’ (1 ¾”, 2” and 2 ¼” thickness) are not warranted against bow or twist. Warp is any distortion in the door itself and does not refer to the relationship of the door to the frame or jamb in which it is hung. The term warp shall include bow, cup and twist. In measuring the amount of warp present in a door, the following method must be used. Bow, cup, and twist are measured by placing a straightedge, taut wire or string on the suspected concave face of the door at any angle (i.e., horizontally, vertically, diagonally). The measurement of bow, cup, and twist is made at the point of maximum distance between the bottom and the straightedge, taut wire or string and the face of the door.
3. Panel shrinkage.
4. Panel Cracking is not considered a defect if the crack does not exceed 1/16”.
5. Cutting into mortise and tenon joints.
6. The appearance of field finished doors.
7. Normal wear of the door, natural variations in the wood color or texture and the physical appearance of the door, including the appearance of the finish and fading of the stain color are not covered.
8. Doors which are improperly hung or do not swing freely.
9. Exterior doors not protected by a 4 foot overhang to protect against extreme or direct weather conditions.
10. Any conditions arising from the neglect or failure to properly maintain the door.
11. Defects or damages arising in, or as a result of shipment by common carriers, private transportation and/or other means of transportation are not covered by warranty.
12. Damage caused by others, installer or by any cause beyond the control of Mahogany Entryways.
13. Cracked or broken glass, after initial inspection, is not covered under this Warranty. Initial glass breakage must be photographed while the packaged door is still crated and within 72 hours of delivery.
14. Glass is not perfect. Regarding glass visible defects, we follow the ASTM (American Society for Testing & Materials) standards : Glass Scratches – Viewable from a 10 ft distance must be 1” or less. No more than 1 is allowed per lite. Debris, Dirt, Spots,Chips – Viewable as stated above, must be 1/8” or less. No more than 2 are allowed per lite and must be separated by a minimum of 24 inches.
15. Rusting or metal deterioration or appearance of wrought iron grills, straps, or clavos.
16. Mahogany Entryways cannot be held liable for any time delays due to conditions beyond our control.
17. No warranty is extended to doors that are over 8 feet in height or wider than 42 inches in width.
18. Any warranty that is implied is limited to the one year of this warranty. No warranties extend beyond this period. This warranty is non-transferable.
Mahogany Entryways offers a limited warranty for one (1) year for all factory finished wood doors. In the event that the factory applied finish is proven defective, Mahogany Entryways can choose to refinish the door or refund up to $350 to the customer. Failure in the finish due to improper installation and maintenance or moisture penetration due to improper caulking or glazing are not covered.
Handling and site finishing for unfinished doors.
Important, you must finish your wood products within 5 days of receipt to avoid voiding your warranty.
1. Unsealed doors must not be subject to abnormal heat, dryness or humidity, or sudden atmospheric changes. If doors are stored for more than five (5) days, the entire door including all edges must be sealed with an oil-based sealer or primer if stored for long periods.
2. Doors must be finished with an oil-based finish. Doors finished with a water based finish are not covered by this warranty.
3. Avoid finishing if raining, damp or during higher than normal humidity. In very dry conditions, the door should be finished immediately after uncrating.
4. Store flat on a level surface in a dry, well ventilated building. Cover to keep clean, but allow air circulation.
5. The structural integrity of the door must not be impaired when fitting the doors. There must be no alteration for lites, louvers, panels or any special details. Care must be taken in the application of the hardware.
6. Maintenance is recommended annually and is not to exceed manufacturer’s recommendations. Be advised it is the responsibility of the purchaser to adhere to the manufacturers recommendations regarding the finish they have chosen to use. This natural wood product does require periodic maintenance over the life of the door. Inspect the doors periodically for finish deterioration.
Receive your Quote Now!